Learn what happens before you take the rental car keys at Portland International Airport on this video drive-through. We just joined project partners in celebrating the opening of our new PDX Quick Turnaround facility where rental cars get fueled, washed, stored, and ready for you.
Next, we’re pursuing certification under the Envision rating system—a program recognizing sustainable design practices for infrastructure design, construction, and operation—as we hope the two-story facility becomes the largest Envision-certified project in Oregon.
Here’s a few fun facts about the facility by the numbers:
- $67 million—total budget for the project, including enabling work
- 83 million—gallons of rainwater to be harvested annually from the top deck
- 316,000—size of the facility, in square feet, including the upper and lower levels
- 840—vehicles that can be stored on the upper deck
- 430—cars that can be fueled/cleaned per hour
- 220—employees working in the building at peak shift
- 175—vehicles that can queue for fueling
- 72—fueling positions
- 16—individual car wash bays
The new facility is the first large infrastructure project completed under PDXNext, a suite of capital projects that will make the airport better for you.